Saturday, January 21, 2012

Breaded Chicken Pockets

                                                        
      

                                                                                                                        

I am across this recipe when my dear colleague a few days back, got us these delicacy appetizers. It tasted great!
             
I immediately asked her what's this? something very new..Oh...these are sandwiches with chicken mayo, she said..

No, I told myself..this appetizer deserves much more attention.. Yes, I renamed them on the spot ... From now, these will be called " Breaded Chicken Pockets"

The very next day, I made it for my son's lunch box or I must say snack box as he get's back home by 2:00, right in time for lunch. He told me, ma it rocks!! me and my friends ..we enjoyed it! I was so happy to see that smile on his face.

Yesterday, I made them again..and my hubby and kids just enjoyed them...

So, lets see how do we go about it...

Ingredients:

  1. Chicken Filling
  2. Sliced bread - 1 jumbo pack
  3. Eggs - 3 well beaten
  4. Cream cheese spread - just enough to seal the edges
  5. Mayonnaise - just enough to spread in the sandwiches
  6. Bread crumbs
  7. Oil - for deep frying
Preparation method:

All right, first step is to prepare the Chicken filling.

Each pocket requires two slices of bread. First we needs to cut ot a circle from each slice.

You can do this by using a cup or lid with a sharp edge. Repeat the same till your have a pair of circles for the number of pockets you wish to make.

Take the first circle, apply the cream spread on the edges of the circle. Cover it with the other half and seal the circle. Now lets call this the pocket.

Repeat the same for the other circles. Once you are done, dip each pocket in the beaten eggs and  roll it in the breadcrumbs.

Once all the pockets are done, Deep fry each pocket, till it turns golden brown. Cut the fried pockets into 2 equal halves. Slightly open the middle of the pocket with a knife , taking care not to open the edges.

Apply a layer of mayonnaise and stuff in the chicken filling. Repeat the same with all the other pockets.

Voila !! our breaded chicken pockets are ready !!

Serve them hot !! with ketchup.... :)




3 comments:

  1. this is very innovative!!! will try them, InshaAllah... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 question... can we do the filling and then fry? would it break???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rafeeda..it wud be better to fry it and do the filling as there are chances of breaking..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.. Do try out my recipes... Any suggestions are always welcome..