Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Uzhunnu Vada Recipe


                                                        
                                                      


Few days back my hubby suggested why not go and have a vegetarian dinner...I was more than happy to hear that...

It's been long since I had Uzhunnu Vada..so, why not order the same..In a few mins, hot crispy vadas were served..It was a real treat..All the time, while relishing those yummy vadas, I was getting ready to prepare the same for breakfast...

My mom always makes crispy vadas and I also enjoy them but never tried them myself.

Now, that I was all determined to try them for the Friday breakfast, there's no alternative to it.

Let's check out this recipe.

Ingredients:
  1. Urad dal - 2 cups
  2. Green chilly - 2/3 chopped
  3. Whole pepper - 2 tbsp
  4. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
  5. Salt - as required
  6. Oil - for deep frying
Preparation method:

Soak the Urad dal overnight. Wash and grind well to a fine paste using  little water say 4/5 tbsp and add more if required. The idea is the batter should be of medium thick texture.

Once done, add in the green chilly, curry leaves, whole pepper and 1 tsp salt. Stir the batter well and add more salt if required.

Next, heat the oil in a kadai. Wet your palms when shaping each patty to avoid the batter from sticking to the palm. Take a small amount of the batter and shape it into a small patty and make a hole in the middle of the patty. Slide the patty carefully into the hot oil. Fry till golden brown. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.

Serve it hot with coconut chutney :)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by.. Do try out my recipes... Any suggestions are always welcome..